Kids enjoying Spring

Kids enjoying Spring
This is my middle son, and my friends kids playing in the garden faucet, and loving every minute.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Re-reading

Does anyone know how to change your outlook on life from 'half empty' to 'half full'? I need to do this to make my hope of non-smoking come true. The problem is that even though I could overcome all the breastfeeding issues, I can not seem to make my brain/body accept that it doesn't need to smoke to feel better or complete. Where as making my body accept that breastfeeding was vital and not going to be dismissed was so much more work and yet I completed it. I just don't get why that tiny piece of tobacco, chemicals and paper seems so much more complicated than a breast pump, pills, pumping, nursing and arguing with my pediatrician? Or why the breastfeeding held so much more of an incentive for me than to quit smoking, which by the by, would also be better for the nursing relationship that I have fought so hard for. It would not only be better for me, but for my little fatty-boo :) So now off to re-read "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking" and hoping that it might all sink in this time to help with my not so positive outlook on this topic.

1 comment:

  1. Don't beat yourself up. It is an addiction. You can do this with time. You overcame the breastfeeding problems you had, you can do this too, if you feel the time is right. But remember that stressing it too much can ultimately harm the breastfeeding relationship you have worked so hard for. I am proud of you for trying, I am proud of you for working on it. It is something that I am not yet strong enough to do.
    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete